- This event has passed.
Application Deadline: NCBiotech Flash Grant Proposals (Cycle 1)
September 15, 2021 @ 12:00 pm
Flash Grants infuse funding at a critical early point when a small, targeted influx of funds can be crucial to shaping innovative research ideas into high potential life sciences technologies, particularly in emerging and converging life sciences sectors. Up to $20,000 may be requested for short, highly focused projects.
Cycle 1 is a targeted round and is open only to projects in these three areas:
- Agricultural life sciences research (AgTech)
- Marine life sciences research (Marine Tech)
- Ecology and natural environments research affecting human, animal, or plant health
Definitions are available in the guidelines.
Flash Grants support short, tightly focused research projects in these two categories:
- Obtaining crucial proof-of-concept or feasibility testing data necessary to suggest the disruptive potential of a life sciences technology
- Conducting the final experiment(s) needed to advance a basic life sciences research program into the translational research phase of development